Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day?

It was two years ago when I first heard that Muslims should only celebrate their two religious feasts, so no Muslim should celebrate the valentine, I felt it a little strange honestly but I think I read about it after that and found it was true, it didn’t make such a big difference for me, I never celebrated it any way, never felt it was that important, but today was the first time I knew I really should remember that 14/2 is the valentine’s day as they call it…oh yes…don’t wear any red clothes!!

I do have some personal thoughts about having a day which is the LOVE day but may be I will mention them later.
It’s just enough to mention the religious point of view concerning this issue, and as every body knows, when something is forbidden for religious reasons then we don't need to know any thing else to stop doing it, no matter how we feel about it!!

So these are two nice Arabic articles, hope u enjoy:
  • فتوى اللجنة الدائمة في عيد الحب
  • رحم الله زماناً كان العيد فيه إمّا صغيراً وإمّا كبيراً


  • 2 comments:

    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    heba said...

    Thx a lot walaa for ur nice comment, u r really a kind person:)may Allah bless u.
    yes wala2 i agree with u that it shouldn't be only one day, it's our whole life, u really encouraged me to write my thoughts, I wasn't really sure I was going to do :)
    I hope u'll discuss them with me.