Thursday, March 20, 2008

Can we control our feelings(2)?

Can we control our feelings? It seemed a very difficult question and so complicated. Sometimes we are weak, some other times we are wise, confused, mad, smart, lost or stupid. Having a closer look there, you may feel like you are arguing with yourself, blaming it, or discover a conversation taking place between you and yourself!!
Asking, wondering: who is talking to whom? It’s just me…

May be that’s what brought a strange idea to my mind, but I think it made me see things clearer, or made me feel more able to control the way I’m spending my life.

How about looking at the self as a three members’ family? Three in one, I think that could make us feel more powerful. Who are the members?
The soul: which is like a helpless pure young baby.
The mind: the wise, smart and responsible one.
The emotion: so sensitive, touchy, kind but mad.
Both the mind and the emotion have only one goal; the happiness of the soul.
“Our souls are so weak and helpless so we should really never hurt them”.

The mind may start doing some thing, thinking it’s going to make the soul happier, like starting a new job, practicing sports…etc. The emotion will follow, waiting for the aimed result, may feel scared, bored, or excited.

Or the emotion will start; the mind will follow, but carefully, trying to be ready to stop the emotion from acting madly.

When both of them are concentrating, doing their best and cooperating, they will achieve their goal and the family will be happy. But unfortunately that’s too ideal. So that’s not what happens…

To be continued...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sadly wt happen is the mind decide sth and the emotion totaly disagree which tears the souls between those 2 ..really nice post and push u 2 think

heba said...

thx a lot, u made me think of continuing wut I was going to write when i ended my post by "To Be Continued.." what should one do in the situation u mentioned...?!